/kon"dl oyd'/, adj.
of or like a condyle.
[1735-45; CONDYLE + -OID]

* * *

Universalium. 2010.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • Condyloid — Con dy*loid, a. [Condyle + oid: cf. F. condylo[ i]de.] (Anat.) Shaped like or pertaining to a condyle. [1913 Webster] || …   The Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • condyloid — [kän′də loid΄] adj. of or like a condyle …   English World dictionary

  • condyloid — adjective see condyle …   New Collegiate Dictionary

  • condyloid — adjective Relating to or resembling a condyle. Syn: condylar …   Wiktionary

  • condyloid — Relating to or resembling a condyle. [G. kondylodes, like a knuckle, fr. kondylos, condyle, + eidos, resemblance] * * * con·dy·loid kän də .lȯid adj shaped like or situated near a condyle: relating to a condyle * * * con·dy·loid (konґdə… …   Medical dictionary

  • condyloid — adj. pertaining to a condyle, like a condyle (rounded end of a bone) …   English contemporary dictionary

  • condyloid — con·dy·loid …   English syllables

  • condyloid — /ˈkɒndəlɔɪd/ (say konduhloyd) adjective of or like a condyle …   Australian English dictionary

  • condyloid — ˈkändəˌlȯid adjective Etymology: condyl + oid : shaped like or situated near a condyle : relating to a condyle …   Useful english dictionary

  • Condyloid joint — 1: Ball and socket joint; 2: Condyloid joint (Ellipsoid); 3: Saddle joint; 4 Hinge joint; 5: Pivot joint; …   Wikipedia

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”

We are using cookies for the best presentation of our site. Continuing to use this site, you agree with this.