clipped form (klĭpt) n.
A word formed by dropping one or more syllables from a polysyllabic word, such as gas from gasoline or phone from telephone. Also called clipping.

* * *

Universalium. 2010.

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”

We are using cookies for the best presentation of our site. Continuing to use this site, you agree with this.