Chiltern Hundreds n. Chiefly British (used with a sing. verb)
A merely formal office applied for by members of Parliament when they wish to resign from the House of Commons.
  [Short for Stewardship of the Chiltern Hundreds, tracts of crown lands in south-central England including the Chiltern Hills.]

* * *

Universalium. 2010.

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”

We are using cookies for the best presentation of our site. Continuing to use this site, you agree with this.