carrick bitt n.
Either of the two posts that support the windlass on a ship's deck.
  [Probably from obsolete carrick, variant of carrack.]

* * *

Universalium. 2010.

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”

We are using cookies for the best presentation of our site. Continuing to use this site, you agree with this.